Lagardère Sports is a global leader in football marketing and one of the largest agencies in the sportsbusiness. The sports marketing group covers the entire spectrum of sportsrights marketing, from trading with international television rights to stadium advertising,jersey sponsorship, stadium development and hospitality programs. In Germany,more than 300 employees work at 17 locations for the Lagardère Sports GermanyGmbH. In addition to its core business of football, Lagardère Sports Germany is an active leader on additional attractive platforms such as winter sports,handball or Formula 1.
For our headquarter in Hamburg, we are currently looking for a Director European Sales (m/f), who will frequently travel across Europe.
- Generating pan-European Sponsorship sales with significant revenues and strongly
contribute to the teams sales targets by utilizing excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Proactive prospecting to generate high level meetings with potential sponsors
- Manage, attend and steer meetings with potential new sponsors
- Cooperate with the internal European sales network in order to develop and grow
relationships with existing sponsors on a pan-European scale
- Responsibility to communicate across all corporate levels (including management)
- Constant reporting to Senior Vice President Global Partnerships in terms of sales activities, progress and pipeline
- Consistent accurate usage and management of the company CRM database
- Sports and especially football minded team player with a strong knowlegde of the sports industry
- Minimum of eight years experience in sport sponsorship salesSales focused and target driven individual with a proven track record of working on high profile sponsorship deals
- Well-developed network of key multinational brands
- Strong self-starter with ability to convert leads and deliver partnerships under pressure
- Ability to transfer brand insights into individual and highly efficient sales pitches to maximize pitch-win rate
- Ability to adapt to multinational and cross-cultural issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English essential, German, French and other languages preferred)
If we have caught your interest, please apply now (in English or German language) by mentioning your salary expectations and availability! Please note that we can only accept applications sent via our online system. Thank you for your understanding.