streetfootballworld is looking for a
Project Leader “Generation Amazing”
to join our team as of January 2018
streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 120 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than two million disadvantaged young people per year.
Generation Amazing is a Corporate Social Responsibility programme that fulfils Qatar’s promise to use hosting of the 2022 FIFA World Cup TM as a catalyst to empower and educate people in need across the region and beyond. Generation Amazing will work with football for good organisations to support ongoing social development programmes, strengthen football infrastructure, organise football festivals and engage youth ambassadors. The overall aim of Generation Amazing is to transform local communities, empower young people to overcome disadvantages and contribute to a new era of social responsibility in world football.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate Project Leader (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
- You lead the Generation Amazing project team at streetfootballworld and ensure its close cooperation with the wider organisation.
- You ensure the overall delivery of all Generation Amazing elements, including programmes, infrastructure, ambassadors and events.
- You manage the relationship with the Supreme Committee and represent streetfootballworld in update meetings, contractual negotiations and other strategic activities.
- You are responsible for the procurement, contractual and reporting processes with all local implementing partners, consultants, contractors and other service providers.
- You continuously evaluate the programme’s performance against previously determined goals, taking necessary actions to address deviations and ensure issues are resolved.
- You represent streetfootballworld and Generation Amazing in international conferences, events, meetings and site visits and liaise with external stakeholders.
- You oversee the project budget for all Generation Amazing activities.
- You have a university degree in international development, sports management, social sciences, event management, or a related field of studies.
- You have strong project management experience (5+ years) with at least three years in sports management, event management, or international development. Working experience in the field of football for good is a plus.
- You have extensive experience working in the Middle East and Asia.
- You have a proven track record in successfully leading international project teams.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art applications and techniques in team and project management and actively use them for developing, organising and planning your projects.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Proficiency in additional languages, preferably Arabic and German, is a strong asset.
- You have good knowledge of standard office software and you are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- You are a self-motivated and open-minded team player who likes to work together with people from different intercultural backgrounds and identifies strongly with our cause.
- You are willing and able to travel regularly.
- You have a valid work permit for / are eligible to work in Germany.
- A 12 month contract to ideally start as soon as possible with a high probability of extension at fair conditions subject to your qualifications and professional experience.
- A stimulating work environment with flat hierarchies and an international, open-minded culture.
- A healthy work-life balance and personal development opportunities.
Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please submit your application including your CV, references, and a cover letter, as well as your salary expectations, via our online application form on our website http://www.streetfootballworld.org/get-involved/job-seekers-and-volunteers until December 6th, 2017.
Further questions can be directed by email to Manuel Normann, email@example.com.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!
For any further questions feel free to contact us!
Find more information about us on www.streetfootballworld.org.