ON THE BALL?
In order to support the Football Technology Innovation Department within the Technical Development Division, FIFA is seeking a structured and motivated Football Performance Data Manager.
- Identifying current needs in player and team performance data collection at FIFA tournaments and in the football world in general; creating effective solutions to gather the required information in close cooperation with FIFA’s Coaching and Player Development;
- Developing requirements for a global data hub for player and team performance in close collaboration with internal and external developers and service providers;
- Processing and verifying the validity of collected data used for football analysis;
- Performing statistical analysis as needed for projects and presenting the results in a clear manner and in close collaboration with FIFA’s Coaching and Player Development Department;
- Identifying opportunities and use cases for the available data and the different stakeholders;
- Supporting FIFA’s Quality Programme team in the development and implementation of global standards for player tracking data;
- Ensuring the punctual delivery of raw and processed data to participating teams at FIFA tournaments and managing selected service providers.
- Master’s degree in computer science, statistics or similar background;
- At least three years’ practical experience in data mining, data processing and data analytics; work experience in the football/sports industry is a strong asset;
- Experience developing or analysing data from wearable or tracking technology is a plus;
- Experience with common data science and visualisation toolkits, query languages and NoSQL databases;
- Fluent in spoken and written (business) English; knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation;
- Innovative, data- and service-oriented pro-active team player who thinks outside of the box;
- Good football knowledge.
You will be part of a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click "Jetzt bewerben" and submit your application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zürich
Tanja Bucher, Recruiting Specialist