The EURO 2024 GmbH is a joint venture for the organisation of UEFA EURO 2024 in Germany. The shareholders of the joint venture are DFB EURO GmbH and UEFA Events SA. EURO 2024 GmbH will now address the key challenges that lie ahead, such as staffing, budgetary and organisational planning, as well as preparing for the operational and strategic implementation of the tournament.
Therefore, the EURO 2024 GmbH is searching a Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d) at the earliest possible date.
The EURO 2024 GmbH Senior Legal Counsel provides legal support and produces contracts (in German and/or English) for EURO 2024 GmbH and UEFA on all matters relating to the organisation and delivery of the UEFA EURO 2024 tournament, under the supervision of the UEFA legal division.
The EURO 2024 GmbH Senior Legal Counsel will also advise EURO 2024 GmbH and UEFA on any legal matters under German law and shall manage any assistance required in relation to contractual, procedural, administrative, corporate or social matters relating solely to the EURO 2024 GmbH entity.
The EURO 2024 GmbH Senior Legal Counsel shall also provide the UEFA legal division based in Nyon, Switzerland, with general legal support during the final preparations for, and delivery of, the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament, now due to take place in June & July 2021.
- Managing the local legal work which relates to EURO 2024 GmbH and is required for the running of the company, such as follow up on corporate matters or local contracts regarding EURO 2024 GmbH operations and office management.
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents and subsequently drafting, negotiating and advising on supplier and commercial contracts across all areas of service delivery for the implementation of UEFA EURO 2024 in Germany, in accordance with the split of work and delegation of projects determined by the UEFA legal division.
- Assisting the UEFA legal division in relation to the work areas undertaken by the various UEFA legal units, by providing legal advice (particularly in the context of local laws), preparing supporting legal documents such as contracts, terms & conditions, policies and informational documents, and supervising any external counsel that UEFA may instruct for certain matters.
- Specific areas of work will include legal matters related to the Host City Programme, Ticketing, venue management, transport, volunteers, taxes, insurances, employment, social security, Rights Protection Programme, etc.
In addition, the EURO 2024 GmbH Senior Legal Counsel will initially commence work with the UEFA legal division (at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland) to assist with the legal work required for the staging of the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament which has been postponed to the summer of 2021 following the COVID-19 pandemic. Such work will include:
- The drafting of supplier agreements.
- Assisting with the finalisation of local law compliance matters to ensure that the event takes place in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Support with the negotiation and implementation of any sanitary, hygiene and other COVID-19 related measures required for venue operations, the attendance of spectators and the entry and mobility of fans within each of the host countries and cities.
- Supporting the delivery of the UEFA EURO 2020 rights protection programme.
- German-qualified lawyer (Erstes und Zweites Staatsexamen) with at least 5 years post-qualification experience.
- In-house experience of providing general legal advice, ideally in a sports organisation.
- Experience of live events and/or major cultural or sporting events is a plus.
- Proficiency in project management.
- German (mother tongue); English (full professional proficiency); any other language an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Computer-literate: Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook (familiar with SAP would be a plus).
- Availability to travel to Switzerland, between host cities and within Germany, as required.
- Excellent knowledge of local legal standards and international law practices in relation to live sporting or major cultural events.
- Ability to work in an international environment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please send us your complete application until 31 December 2020.